“Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
Little Gems of Wisdom & Fun from Mary Lynn Ziemer
Do you wake up each morning, full of excitement about your job? Is it something fun and meaningful for you? Something that gives you purpose and brings you joy? Or, is it "just work"?
The truth is that you can have that "perfect job", no matter what you are doing right now! With the right mindset- a calm mindset- you can have the job of your dreams...one that satisfies you every day. A job that you look forward to, and that you are immensely successful at. I have clients who have done it, so I know firsthand that you can too!
How do you begin? Here are some simple steps to follow.
1. Know what you want. Be clear about what it looks like and write it down. As you write, you gain more clarity about what is most important to you.
2. Start taking the action required. Ask yourself what you can do TODAY to get the momentum started. Clean up your resume. Reach out to your contacts. Do some networking. Go online to check out job sites. Be diligent in pursuing whatever ideas come to your mind. When your mind is calm: after meditating, when showering or in the car, ask yourself, “What more can I do?” Then go do it... and trust.
3. Create a mantra. Make what you want your focus throughout your day by creating a mantra that you repeat over and over during the day. For example, “I am so grateful that I have…(the name of the job you want)." Repeat it over and over, a hundred times a day. This simple exercise will create a belief in you, and ultimately a knowing, that you can get that job.
4. Stay focused on what you want, imagining that it is already yours. Our mind is very powerful and it does not know the difference between our current reality and our imagination. So, hold your attention to a picture that represents the outcome that you want.
5. Feel gratitude. Even if you aren’t enjoying your current job or situation, feel gratitude for what you already have. In order to get the best job of your life, you have to feel really good first, where you are, then success follows. Make a list of what you are grateful for with your current position. Dig deep. Even if it’s only that you are making an income for yourself, no matter the amount. Add to your gratitude by exploring what this job really has meant to you. What about the people you work with, your location, flexibility, what you’ve learned, etc. etc. Change your attitude to one of gratitude, and you will find your solution more quickly. There is a famous quote from author Abraham-Hicks that says it well.
"Making Peace with My Today Will Improve My Future…"
It may sound odd, but the fastest way to get to a new-and-improved situation is to make peace with your current situation. By making lists of the most positive aspects you can find about your current situation, you then release your resistance to the improvements that are waiting for you. But if you rail against the injustices of your current situation, you hold yourself in Vibrational alignment with what you do not want, and you cannot then move in the direction of improvement. In every particle of the Universe, there is that which is wanted – and the lack of it.
6. Visualize the outcome. As the job opportunity you want appears and excites you, tell yourself that it is the perfect job for you, and that it IS your job. No matter how many other people apply for the job, you must stay focused on knowing that you are a perfect match for this job, and that everyone you talk to knows it too. Continue with your mantra all day long. Stay focused on the outcome by seeing yourself doing the job with a smile on your face. See yourself being congratulated and welcomed on your first day. Now, feel love for everyone and every situation involved in the process.
The key is the consistency in follow-through of these 6 steps which will make you feel good and build the momentum. These steps will take you to a place of calm "knowing" that your dream job is yours. Taking action with a feeling of certainty as you do all you can and have patience (calm knowing that it will happen perfectly) is critical to making it happen. When you feel that you look, act, and have what it takes for the job, you are on your way.
And remember, you create your life based on how you feel. When you focus on things that make you feel good everyday, and let go of the rest, you are leading your life in the right direction for you. Then, your life will reflect what you feel inside and you’ll get that perfect job because your thoughts, words, and actions are all aligned to create the perfect, calm mindset.
Have an absolutely magical week full of love, gratitude and fun, fun, fun!
~Mary Lynn Ziemer
If this message inspired you, please forward it to a friend, colleague, client, or family member to brighten their day as well!
Need help feeling more joy today? Contact me for a FREE initial Coaching session at (239) 444-3133. *First time clients only please
Looking for a fun and engaging keynote speaker for your event? I am happy to consider speaking at any size event. Please call me at (239) 444-3133, or email your event details to: MaryLynn@LivingAJoyfulLifeNow.com