Feeling Lucky? - 10 Steps to Summoning Good Luck
Updated: Mar 17, 2021
“Luck is believing you’re lucky.“ – Tennessee Williams
Little Gems of Wisdom & Fun from Mary Lynn Ziemer
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Feeling lucky? You should be!
Instead of talking about "luck" today, we're going to talk about "happiness". Because when you are in a place of authentic happiness, every day (in fact every MOMENT) will feel like your "lucky day!"
Coming up in just a few days is the International Day of Happiness as established by the United Nations!
*International Happiness Day was established by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012 and is celebrated around the world on March 20th every year. This is a time for the world to come together, a time to celebrate all that we have in common as magnificent human beings sharing our experiences on this beautiful earth. So, be sure to send lots of love to everyone you come into contact with today!
True happiness comes from inside of yourself. So, in order to have happy lives, we have to start from the inside. Then, according to scientific studies, we can share our happiness with approximately 1,000 others every day as it ripples out all around us! So start celebrating this holiday by make loving choices for yourself today, and make it a "lucky day" for you and all of those around you.
Here are 10 steps to help you feel "lucky" every day:
1. Keep a full "love tank"! One of the most important steps is that you are filled with love inside. True happiness and joy originate from the inside, not out. Begin by recognizing how brilliant, amazing and incredible you are... right now! When you are able to see the truth about you, you will also be able to see the magnificence and beauty in everyone and everything, and you will feel their love in return.
2. Be present. Remember that you are living in and creating your life in the present moment, right now. It is all that exists. Nothing else matters! So, do your best to stay in the now, by feeling lots of love and gratitude for everything and everyone that you come into contact with today. When you do this, the future takes care of itself and becomes amazing.
3. Feel love and gratitude for what you have. As you practice staying in the moment, find something to be grateful for in everyone and everything you come across. Even during activities that seem mundane. Find the blessings in your current situation and you will begin to feel more happiness and joy immediately. For example...
"I am so grateful for this hot shower and how good it makes me feel right now." "I am so grateful for my spouse or significant other, who loves me." "I am so grateful that I have a wonderful place to walk my dog today and he is so happy." "I am so grateful for this food and how it nourishes my body perfectly."
Remember, you get what you want when you feel great about what you already have.
4. Feel gratitude for what you want (as if you already have it!) Here is the key. That same feeling of gratitude you felt for what you have in this moment, you can also feel for all of the things in life that you envision for yourself. Think, feel, act, and speak as if you already have whatever it is you desire. Feel grateful for it! (Write down these "affirmations" daily, and you will begin to see them appear in your life! Talk about "lucky". ;))
5. Have fun focusing on your goals. Be sure you have a goal that feels exciting to you, one that gives you direction and purpose in your life. A goal that is uniquely yours will inspire you, make you feel alive, and empower you to take the action required to make it happen.
6. Take “me time”. Even as little as 15 minutes a day to quiet your mind through meditation, affirmations, prayer, walking in nature, etc., will recharge your battery. When you are consistent through daily self-care mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually, it means you love yourself enough to stay in a space of feeling good. Now you are in control of your life, not the other way around. 7. Stay calm. If you are faced with a situation that does not make you feel joyful, stay calm and know that this is temporary. Remember, it is not the circumstances you find yourself in that is most important, but the mindset that you have. When you stay calm, you are able to respond from love and create the most positive outcome for yourself and others.
8. Have lots of FUN! One of the best ways to celebrate International Happiness Day is simply... have fun! Smile and laugh a lot, all day long. Smile at yourself in the mirror, at co-workers, friends, family, and strangers. Surround yourself with people or things you find funny or endearing. Be more lighthearted and laugh at yourself. Never underestimate the power of having fun!
9. Speak kindly. Use only kind, positive words in all of your conversations with others, as well as in your own self-talk. Words are incredibly powerful, so choose them wisely!
10. Expect the best! Before you get out of bed each day, expect your day to be amazing! Say to yourself, “I am so grateful that today is the best day of my life! I feel more love and I have more fun than ever!
When you repeat these steps consistently, every day, you will feel happier than you ever imagined. You can wake up every morning knowing that this is your "luckiest, best day ever"...and revel in the glorious feeling of deep, authentic happiness!
Have an absolutely magical week full of FUN, FUN, FUN!
~Mary Lynn Ziemer
If this message inspired you, please share this link with a friend, colleague, client, or family member to brighten their day as well!
Need help feeling more joy today? Contact Mary Lynn for an initial Coaching session!
If only we had learned this in school....
No matter where you are in your joyful journey, there is always room to grow...to fill your love tank to overflowing! In these educational video workshops, Mary Lynn Ziemer lets you in on a few secrets that successful people have been using for years. In her enlightening and entertaining presentations, she explains how to use a few simple tools that have been scientifically proven over and over to help you achieve everything you want in life. These are tools that were never taught in school, but have the power to significantly change your life! (Learn More...)
"Journey to Joy" Inspirational Audio
JoyBreak Audio Collections are a collection of inspirational, insightful, and powerful audio messages by Mary Lynn Ziemer, along with soothing music.
Guided Heart Meditation
Are you listening to your heart? You already HAVE all of the answers to the questions that you seek. All of the solutions are within you... you just need to learn how to access them. This amazing meditation will help you do exactly that.
Looking for a fun and engaging Keynote Speaker for your event?
#fortmyerslifecoach #fortmyerskeynotespeaker #napleskeynotespeaker #naplesbusinesscoach #napleslifecoach #naplestherapist #howtofeelhappier #lifecoach #businesscoach #naplestherapists #fortmyerstherapist #esterolifecoach #esterobusinesscoach #esteromotivationalspeaker #bonitaspringskeynotespeaker #bonitaspringslifecoach