Happiness is the Ultimate Destination!
"Happiness depends upon ourselves." ~ Aristotle
Little Gems of Wisdom & Fun from Mary Lynn Ziemer
We all want to be happy. We want to wake up happy, and fall asleep feeling content and at peace. Being happy is actually much more important than you might realize.
No matter who you are, or what you do, you can choose to have the life that you want. You can make it customized to fit just you. But, in order to be successful, you must first be authentically happy. When you are authentically happy, calm follows, your imagination reigns, and then comes lots of fun and joyful success. Unlike what we have often been taught, it does not work the other way around. True success is possible in every aspect of your life when you are happy.
Happiness is an inside job. Studies show that 90% of our happiness comes from within. So, we must look inside ourselves to begin. Of course you have heard me say that before, but what does it really mean? It means that, in order for us to have happy lives, we need to start by building from the potential for deep happiness that is within each one of us.
Remember, if we want to create the things that we desire, we need to feel good. When we feel good....when we feel "happy"... we create experiences, circumstances, and situations the way we want them to be. The more we focus on feeling good right now, where we are at, the more we will get the results we want, both professionally and personally. Then, we start to feel and see the effects of the “upward spiral” and that leads to even more happiness. The truth is, there is no limit as to how far we can take it. It all depends on how far you want to go.
Here's a summary of what’s important in helping you get there. It’s really quite simple, not rocket science at all.
1. Start your day with a declaration that says today you choose happiness and you expect your day to be amazing! Say to yourself, with enthusiasm, before you get out of bed: "I am so grateful that today is the best day of my life!" Then begin to set it in motion.
2. Love what you have already, and be grateful for everyone and everything. Everything means just that, everything… including all the little stuff. Studies on the power of gratitude show that you get what you want when you feel gratitude and appreciation for what you have in your life now. What you want comes as a result of it.
3. Feel lots of love for yourself and everyone else. Lead with love every moment of your day. One of my clients makes a conscious effort to “push love” out all around her wherever she goes. She is incredibly successful with her clients, her business and with her life overall. Her income has doubled, her relationships have deepened, and the effect she’s had on her family and friends is inspiring. She radiates genuine happiness and joy, and others tell her often that they feel it.
To do this, you first have to see how amazing and brilliant you are! When you see and feel this in yourself, it is so much easier to see all the good and all the magnificent and brilliant qualities in others.
4. Have an exciting goal and get laser focused on it. When you have direction in your life, you feel more alive and empowered to make good decisions for yourself. The happy feelings that result create the calm mindset required for your actions to produce a successful outcome. Have fun with what you do! Act consistently, keep going, and be patient. Know that, as you take a step every day toward your goal, you will create a cumulative effect. Everything around your goal will flow more easily and quickly.
5. Make a conscious effort to do something everyday that makes you happy. Read a book, take a relaxing bath, romp with your pet, play a game, go for a run, have some fun! Only you know what that is, and whatever it is that you choose should feel good to you.
6. Be consistent with your “Me Time” even if it’s only 15 minutes a day. It’s well worth the effort as it recharges your battery. When you are consistent with your “Me Time” it means you love yourself enough to stay in a space of feeling good and calm. And the calm mindset that results is the key to getting everything you want, so why wouldn’t you make this your number #1 priority every day.
7. Find a way to have fun with everything you do! Unleash your imagination, and ask yourself how you can have more of it. Lighten up and be more childlike. Love is at the heart of true fun and is the path to take in your quest toward authentic happiness.
8. Remain calm. If you have a situation in front of you that you are not enjoying, know that you can change it most easily when you are calm. The calmer you feel the more easily you can shift your focus to create the most loving response and your desired outcome. Stop and breathe. Feel love in your heart for you first, send love to the situation and person, and put in your mind a picture of what you want the outcome to be. Filter your words and speak them lovingly. The more you practice, the faster you will learn to create the outcome you desire.
9. Be more childlike. Smile and laugh often throughout your day because it feels soooo good! Integrate these steps into your life consistently by practicing them every day. Repetition is the key to creating a new autopilot for yourself. One that feels more calm then ever before…. that new calmness will create things beyond what you ever thought was possible. Now you can have all the wonderful that you want: better health, more money, great grades, more incredibly loving and fun relationships, more clients who buy, the job of your dreams, and a life that is nothing short of truly magical!
If this message inspired you, please forward it to a friend, colleague, client, or family member to brighten their day as well!
Need help feeling more joy today? Contact me for a FREE initial Coaching session at (239) 444-3133. *First time clients only please
Looking for a fun and engaging keynote speaker for your event? I am happy to consider speaking at any size event. Please call me at (239) 444-3133, or email your event details to: MaryLynn@LivingAJoyfulLifeNow.com