Mary Lynn Ziemer
10 Steps to Feeling Happy... Every Day!
“Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.”– Sri Chinmoy
Little Gems of Wisdom & Fun from Mary Lynn Ziemer
We all want to be happy. We want to wake up happy and fall asleep feeling content and at peace. Being happy is actually much more important than you might realize, and it can be so very, very simple.
Always remember, if we want to create the things that we desire, we need to feel good. What exactly does it mean to feel good? Feeling love! We are senders and receivers of love. That’s what we are meant to do. As Dr.Jill Bolte-Taylor, the world renowned Harvard trained scientist, once stated, “We are feeling beings who think.” When we think loving thoughts, speak loving words, and take loving actions, we feel love in our heart. We easily and naturally send love out all around us, and acknowledge it in return. That’s when we feel peace and calm. It's in this state of calm that we create whatever we want. Love is the fuel that creates it all. When you keep your love tank consistently full, that intense love that you feel creates things like wonderful relationships, great health, your dream job, an abundance of money, etc..
In fact, love is ever abundant because we can always feel more. There is no limit to the amount of love that we can feel. Therefore, there is no limit to what we can create. This is true happiness. This is true success. It is this simple and basic understanding that we must have to create the life of our dreams in the easiest and most joyful way possible.
1. Start your day with a declaration that helps you choose deep authentic happiness. Simply "expect" your day to be amazing! Say to yourself, with enthusiasm, before you get out of bed: "I am so grateful that today is the best day of my life. I feel more love and I have more fun than ever!" Then, begin to set it in motion. Feel love for yourself, everything, and everyone around you in that moment. Deliberately stay focused in each present moment going forward, thinking, speaking, and acting from a place of love.
2. Love what you have already, and be grateful for everyone and everything. Everything means just that, everything… including all the little stuff. Studies on the power of gratitude show that you get what you want when you feel gratitude and appreciation for what you have in your life now. So say, “I love you” and "thank you" all day long. Begin to feel more love as you establish and integrate this new daily habit into your life. What you want will come as a result of it.
3. Feel lots of love for yourself and everyone else. "Lead with love" every moment of your day. One of my clients makes a conscious effort to “push love” out all around her wherever she goes. She literally leads with love. As a result, she is incredibly successful with her clients and with her life overall. She’s the top sales person in her company and it’s her best year ever. Yes, even given the circumstances we are all faced with. She met the man of her dreams and recently married him. The effect she’s had on her family, friends, and community is inspiring. She radiates genuine happiness and joy, and others tell her often that they feel it.
For each of us to do this, we each must first see how amazing and brilliant we are! When you see and feel this in yourself, it is so much easier to see all of the magnificent and brilliant qualities in others. It’s then that you see their potential to be just exactly who they already at their core. The change is in you, as you allow them to be the best version of who they’ve always had the ability to be. Then they begin to live up to this newfound belief that you hold about them.
4. Have an exciting goal and get laser focused on it. When you have direction in your life, you feel more alive and empowered. Happy feelings result from this, which then create a calm mindset. This mindset is required for your actions to produce a successful outcome. Have fun with what you do! Act consistently, keep going, and be patient. Know that, as you take a step every day toward your goal (no matter how tiny), you will create a cumulative effect. Everything around your goal will flow more easily and quickly.
5. Make a conscious effort to do something every day that makes you happy. Read a book, take a relaxing bath, romp with your pet, play a game, have some fitness fun. Just have some fun doing something that feels good for you! Only you know what that is, and whatever it is, it will lift your spirits. Be sure that while you’re engaged in the activity, you put a smile on your face and feel gratitude for that experience.
6. Be consistent with your “Me Time,” even if it’s only 20 minutes a day. It’s well worth the effort as it recharges your battery. When you are consistent with your “Quiet Time” it means you love yourself enough to stay in a space of relaxation and calm. Just be. And the calm mindset that results is the key to getting everything you want, so why wouldn’t you make this your number #1 priority every day?!
7. Find a way to have fun with everything you do! Unleash your imagination, and ask yourself how you can have more of it. Expect to make things happen in an easy way. Live in the flow and lighten up. Love is at the heart of true fun and is the path to authentic happiness. So, have fun feeling more love, and more love, and yet, more love… every single moment.
8. Remain calm. If you have a situation in front of you that you would like to be different, know that you can change it most easily when you are calm. The calmer you feel, the more you can shift your focus to create the most loving response and your desired outcome. Stop and breathe. Pause. Feel love in your heart for you first, send love to the situation and person, and put in your mind a picture of what you want the outcome to be. In other words, feel love for everyone and everything involved and feel that it is a done deal.
9. Always filter your words and speak them lovingly. The more you practice using kind and positive words, expressing what you want in a calm manner, the faster you will learn to create the outcome you desire. Focus on the win-win option by being inclusive of others’ perspectives. You will be amazed at how everyone feels good and gets what they want.
10. Be more childlike. Tap into your inner child, viewing life through a lens of playfulness and imagination. Smile and laugh often throughout your day because it feels soooo good!
Integrate these steps into your life consistently by practicing them every day. Repetition is the key to creating a new autopilot for yourself. One that feels more calm than ever before…. that new calmness will create things beyond what you ever thought was possible. Now you can have all of the wonderful things that you want: better health, more money, perfect grades, more incredibly loving and fun relationships, more clients who buy, the job of your dreams, and a life that is nothing short of truly magical!
Have an absolutely magical week full of love, gratitude, and fun, fun, FUN!
~Mary Lynn Ziemer
If this message inspired you, please share this link with a friend, colleague, client, or family member to brighten their day as well!
Need help feeling more joy today? Contact me for an initial Coaching session at (239) 444-3133.
Looking for a fun and engaging keynote speaker for your event? I am happy to consider speaking at any size event. Please call me at (239) 444-3133, or submit the form on my Contact page.
#fortmyerslifecoach #fortmyerskeynotespeaker #napleskeynotespeaker #naplesbusinesscoach #napleslifecoach #naplestherapist #howtofeelhappier #lifecoach #businesscoach #naplestherapists #fortmyerstherapist #esterolifecoach #esterobusinesscoach #esteromotivationalspeaker #bonitaspringskeynotespeaker #bonitaspringslifecoach